Concurrent Technologies at Embedded Tech Trends: At Embedded Tech Trends, Concurrent Technologies presented 4 AMC single board computers, all offering a choice of dual or quad core 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors based on 22nm process technology, and supporting up to 16GB DRAM. These four AMC products are designed to meet the needs of different applications by varying form-factor, backplane fabric, and I/O interfaces:
- The AM 91x/x1x is a single-width processor board with PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen 3 backplane connectivity. The AM 91x/x1x is a plug-compatible upgrade for the previous generation AM 31x/x1x. Users of the AM 91x/x1x could experience an increase of up to 15% in CPU performance and an increase of up to 50% in graphics performance when compared to previous architectures while operating within the same power budget as previous Intel® Core™ processor-based AMC products. The PCIe Gen 3 capability complements the increased processing power by effectively delivering double the bit rate of PCIe Gen 2.
- The AM 93x/x1x combines the power-efficient 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processor with Serial RapidIO® backplane connectivity. Systems designers can take advantage of the board’s processing power, high performance backplane fabric connectivity and the peer to peer networking performance of Serial RapidIO® to develop large multiprocessing systems. Applications that require large amounts of data to be transferred efficiently can be executed without processor involvement. The AM 93x/x1x processor board is ideal for MicroTCA® based telecommunications applications such as IPTV, digital media servers, media gateways, broadband, Long Term Evolution (LTE) or LTE-Advanced, wireless base stations as well as in test systems for wireline and wireless networks. Note for editors about the IDT device used on this AM 93x/x1x board (source IDT):
- IDT Tsi721 PCIe to RapidIO® bridge lowest latency, power, form-factor interface for large scale processor aggregation and clusters
- 32 Gbps backplane fabric connectivity, a first in AMC market
- Designed to extend Intel® Processors with RapidIO® Fabric into large processor systems
- The AM 92x/x1x is designed in compliance to AMC.0 (including full hot swap and IPMI capabilities), AMC.2 Type E2 (2x Gigabit Ethernet) and AMC.3 Type S2 (2x SATA ports). Additionally, the front panel provides connectivity to a Gigabit Ethernet port, DisplayPort interface, a USB port and RS232 port. Bootable Flash memory can be supported via an optional on-board SATA Flash module. The AM 92x/x1x processor board is ideal for MicroTCA™ and AdvancedTCA® based telecommunications applications such as IPTV, digital media servers, media gateways, broadband – Long Term Evolution (LTE) or LTE-Advanced, wireless base stations, and in test systems for wireline and wireless networks.
- The AM 90x/x1x is a double-width single board computer. The AM-90x/x1x is designed in compliance to AMC.0, AMC.1 Type 8 (x8 PCI Express®, Gen 1, Gen 2 or Gen 3), AMC.2 Type E2 (2 x Gigabit Ethernet) and AMC.3 Type S2 (2 x SATA ports). The distinguishing feature is the support for the MicroTCA for Physics (MTCA.4) standard which provides rear I/O and precision timing extensions to the MicroTCA architecture, thereby extending the MicroTCA architecture to applications related to physics research.
Glen Fawcett, Managing Director, Concurrent Technologies, commented:
“We are delighted to be continuing to add to our range of new products that provide specific benefits for our customer base. The different backplane fabrics and I/O features of these 4 products have been chosen to meet the needs of specific customers or market requirements.”